eFPS is an Electronic Filing and Payment System. It refers to the system made and maintained by BIR (Bureau of Internal Revenue) for electronically filing tax returns, which includes attachments, if any, and payment of taxes due thereon, mainly via the Internet.
With eFPS, taxpayers can quickly get a paperless tax filing experience, and they can also pay their taxes online via the convenience of the Internet banking service through a debit from their enrolled bank account.
Additionally, since eFPS is available on the Internet, certain groups of eligible taxpayers can file and pay taxes anytime, anywhere, as long as they are using a computer with a solid and stable Internet connection.
Who can use eFPS?
Mandated taxpayers who have to file and pay taxes to the Philippines government are eligible for using this system. It does not include regular tax-paying people like self–employed and employees.
Right now eFPS permits e-file and e-pay for the forms like 0605, 1600, 1600WP, 1601C, 1601E, 1601F, 1602, 1603, 1604CF, 1604E, 1700, 1701, 1701Q, 1702, 1702Q, 1704, 2000, 2200A, 2200AN, 2200M, 2200P, 2200T, 2550M,2550Q,2551, 2551M, 2552 and 2553.
Based on these forms, the current user coverage of eFPS is
- Stockbrokers and insurance companies
- Top 20,000 private corporations
- Large taxpayers
- Government bidders
- Procuring government agencies on withholding VAT and percentage taxes
- Corporation with complete CAS(Computerized Accounting System)
- A corporation with paid–up the capital stock of P10 million and more
- Top 5,000 individual taxpayers
- Enterprises enjoying fiscal incentives (PEZA, BOI, etc.)
- Licensed local contractors
- National government agencies
- People who need to secure the BIR – BCC and BIR – ICC.
- TAMP (Taxpayer Account Management Program) taxpayers.
Also read: Hyperfund Login
What are the requirements before you can register for eFPS?
- You should enroll with any eFPS authorized agent bank (eFPS – AAB) to make use of their e-payment system.
- Do enrolment in eFPS.
- You should be a registered taxpayer with a BOR integrated tax system.
- You should have a certification from the corporation’s president authorizing two officers to file the return and to enroll for availing of eFPS along with the letter of intent to avail of eFPS for corporations.
How can you enrol for the account of eFPS?
- First, you need to access the website bir.gov.in with the help of your web browser.
- Now click on eFPS icon to visit its home page.
- Now, from the login page, you need to click on the ‘enrol to eFPS’ link.
- Now the enrolment form of eFPS will appear. You need to fill in the mandatory information and then click on the submit button.
How you can login to eFPS?
- First, visit the official website of eFPS and then click on eFPS to reach its home page.
- Not click on login option.
- A pop-up will appear in front of you.
- Here, you have to fill in your login ID and password, which you might have created at the time of registration.
- Now you need to click on the login button, and you can easily access the eFPS.